A Word from Our Director:
Newly Renovated Library!
As part of ongoing efforts to improve the building’s aesthetics and functionality, the Romulus Public Library began major renovations last October. New carpeting was installed throughout the newly renovated space and adult services area, concluding updates to the public computer area, service desk, and community room. With renovations complete, the Library has opened the new space to the public.
“When developing our strategic plan four years ago, we asked residents to share their thoughts on ways to improve the library,” said Romulus Public Library Director Patty Braden. “There were requests for expanded space, mobile tables and more comfortable seating. When people see what we’ve done with the space I think they will be pleased to see that their vision has come to life.”
Building improvements include:
- A functional modern service desk with better lighting and a more user-friendly shape, size, and placement
- A new larger public computer area with power and data outlets on the floor for a cleaner space and easier internet access
- Expanded community room space designed to serve as one large room, or, with a partition, two smaller rooms and renamed Community Room 1 and Community Room 2
- A sink, new countertop, and outlets for patrons to prepare drinks or snacks for their groups
- New carpeting in the updated sections expanding throughout the adult services area
- Shelving that is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Renovations were supported by the Library budget. Taxpayers will not see an increase in taxes to support the funding of the renovations.
We hope you enjoy the new modern space!
Patty Braden, Director
October 25, 2021 – March 2022