Kindles are coming! Starting Thursday October 29, you will be able to check out Kindles!
- 10.1″ 1080p full HD display; 32 GB of internal storage.
- Longer battery life—Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music.
- Hands-free with Alexa, including on/off toggle.
- Dual-band, enhanced Wi-Fi.
What can they be used for?
- Use the pre-loaded apps for Overdrive and Hoopla to get downloadable books.
- Web browse.
- Watch videos.
Please note you can also sign up to get a Mobile Hotspot if you do not have access to the internet at home, these devices use wifi to access the internet, to learn more CLICK HERE
Who can get one?
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older to place a hold or checkout a device.
- You must have a valid Romulus Public Library card and be in good standing.
May I return the Kindle in the bookdrop?
- No, Hotspots must be returned directly to Romulus Public Library’s circulation desk
- This item cannot be returned to other libraries, ONLY Romulus Public Library
How long may I keep the Kindle?
- The loan period is three weeks.
- Devices may not be renewed.
- Users will be limited to one device.
What if I break or lose the Kindle or any of its associated components?
- You are responsible for loss or damage to the Kindle or any of its contents.
- Any damage/or lost item(s) will be assessed a fee based on the cost to replace the damaged or lost item(s).
This project is funded with a Library Services and Technology Act grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services administered by the Library of Michigan.