With a Romulus Library card, you can download and access eBooks and audiobooks using a computer, eBook reader, or compatible mobile device.
- Patrons may check out up to 6 titles at a time.
- Patrons can have up to 10 holds at a time.
- Titles may be checked out for 7 , 14 or 21 days.
- At the end of a checkout period, titles will automatically disable. There are no late fees.
1. Find your library using one of the following:
– Our new Libby app (recommended for public library users on Android, iOS, or Windows 10 devices)
– The original OverDrive app (for library users on Android, Chromebook, iOS, Kindle Fire, or Windows 8/10 devices)
– OverDrive.com (for any user on a Windows or Mac computer)
2. Borrow a title from your library’s digital collection. You’ll need a Romulus library card to complete this step.
You can enjoy many titles immediately online, download them for offline use, or send borrowed eBooks to a Kindle device for the duration of your lending period.
You can also transfer titles from your computer to compatible eReaders or MP3 players.
- OverDrive Read – Accessible on any device with a full-featured Internet browser
- Kindle Book – Accessible using a Kindle device or the Kindle App (App accessibility varies by title)
- ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- Open ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- PDF – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- OverDrive Listen – Streaming audio files (requiring an active Internet connection) available on any device with a compatible web browser
- MP3 – Downloadable audio files compatible with Windows & Mac, portable audio devices, and some portable reading devices